50+ Amazing Facts About Google
Amazing Facts About Google
- Google is the No.1 Website on the web.
- Google was originally called Backrub.
- In June 2000 Google became the worlds largest search Engine
- No part of a Google Office is more than 150 feet away from food. Food is free for every Google employee.
- There is a website called google mirror (Unofficial). Here everything is a mirror of google.com.
- As Google is trying to be environment-friendly, Google has been known to rent Goats in order to mow lawns of their mountain view headquarters.
- In June 2006 Google was added as a verb in “Oxford Dictionary”.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin, founders of Google both of them accept a salary of 1$ per year.
- Have you Noticed Google Navigation is always better than Satellite navigation? That is because Google uses your Android phone to know how fast you are moving. Which helps to generate actual traffic status.
- Have you ever noticed “I’m Feeling Lucky Button ” on google? What does it do? The Button actually bypasses the search engines results and takes you directly to the first result from the search. All because of this button google loses 110 million dollars per year.
- From 2010 Google has been Acquiring 1 Company per Week on Average.
- Googles most profitable Acquisition is Youtube.
- After Google’s Acquisition Youtube has become the Second largest search engine in the world.
- first Google Doodle was used in the year 1999.
- When Larry Page and Sergey Brin were out on a vacation they used the doodle to tell the users that they cannot fix any technical errors if they arise. It was dedicated to the Burning Man festival attended by Google founders in 1998.
- Have you ever miss spelt the word google but end up in the exact google.com page? Its because Google owns most of the misspelt word related to Google. eg gooogle.com, googel.com, googl.com, googlr.com etc
- You might have seen google street view. Which are shots taken from a 360 camera attached to cars?
- On Remote places like Desert where vehicles cannot be used, Google used Camels to take the shots for street view.
- Every single minute 2 million searches are performed on Google.
- Google has some history of April Fool pranks and some of them has been worst for google. Google launched Gmail on April 1st, 2004. Guess What, Everyone thought It as a joke.
- Worst of the April fools day for Google was on 2016. On Gmail, there was an icon alongside send button (mic drop button). Clicking that button would send an offensive gif with a minion dropping a mike and any further reply on the mail will not be able to reach you.
- On 2007 April Google issued a warning on its facilities that there is a python on the loose. Most of the people thought it was a joke but it was not.
- During the early days, Lary and Sergey worked in a garage. That Garage belonged to a Susan Wojcicki who is CEO of Youtube.
- 16% of everyday searches on google, are new words that have never been searched before.
- In 1999, the founders of Google actually tried to sell it to Excite for just US$1 million. Excite turned them down.
- 14% of googles employees haven’t been to college. Google thinks GPA’s and test scores “worthless as criteria for hiring”.
- Search “askew” in Google, the result will be slightly tilted to the right.
- After a death of Google employee, their spouses receive half pay from the Google for 10 years and their children US$1,000 per month until they turn 19.
- Google intends to scan about 129 Million books by 2020.
- Google earns US$20 billion a year from advertising, more than the primetime revenues of CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX combined.
- Firefox web browser’s lead developer is now working for Google Chrome.
- Google’s first tweet ever was “I’m feeling lucky” written in binary code.
- The First Google Storage Was Made From LEGO
- Google’s First Ever “Company Snack” Was Swedish Fish ordered in 1999.
- The Google Logo Was Not Centered before 2001.
- Google is developing an intelligent computer that can program itself.
- Google Receives 2 million + job applications per year.
- You can see underwater sea life, coral reefs and wrecks using Google Maps.
- For four consecutive year, Google was named the best company to work for by Fortune magazine.
- Google got its name by accident. The founders misspelt “googol”, which refers to the number 1 followed by 100 zeroes.
- Google’s official code of conduct specifically states they are a dog company.
- Once Google went down for 5 minutes, at that time the global Internet traffic dropped by 40%.
- Google has a version of their site that is translated into the language of the Klingons, from Star Trek.
- In 2012, Google acquired Motorola for around $12.5 billion, And 2 years later sold it to Lenovo for 2.5 billion. Seems like a deficit but Google acquired lots of patents originally owned by Motorola.
- Google Owns the domain Googlesucks.com
- A single google search needs more power than it took to send Apollo 11 to the moon.
- Search “atari breakout” in google image and play the game.
- https://www.google.com/mars/ use this link to see imagery view of planet Mars.
- Google Earth’s database is about 20 Petabytes.
Calico is a company backed by Google with a goal of combating the ageing process.
When Gmail was launched it offered 1 GB Free storage which was huge. At the time Hotmail only offered 2 MB.
- Google has delisted more than 1.75 billion websites on the internet because of copyright takedown requests.
In 2010, Nicaragua accidentally invaded Costa Rica because of a mistake in Google Maps.
- Facebook’s first annual Hacker Cupcoding challenge was won by a Google employee. He showed up at Facebook headquarters to collect his prize wearing his Google employee badge.
- Google Maps’ Streetview includes 360-degree views of Everest base camp. Mt Everest also called Sagarmatha is the tallest mountain in the world which is in Nepal.
- Google offers their employees free condoms which comes four colours, blue, red, green, and yellow and have the phrase “I’m Feeling Lucky!” printed on them.
- Some interns at Google get paid up to US$90,000.
- You can visit the Grand Canyon using Google Street View.
- “Marissa Mayer” Ceo of “yahoo” was the first female Google employee.
- Donald Trump became the most googled person in 2016. He was on top in 88 different countries.
The list is prepared using various sources on the Internet.